Certification and Licensure are ministry credentials, which must be renewed annually with a renewal fee or by completing an additional class with IIFBC.
Some states require a secular license to work in specific service areas of vocations. Although IIFBC does offer licensure and the credentials may be used for vocational purposes, the study programs of IIFBC are not designed to meet the requirement of any particular state where a license is required. IIFBC carries a 501c3 non-profit status as a religious organization.
The status of a license application will be determined within two to four weeks of receiving all requested information. If you are not accepted for licensure, you may opt for another program. The requirements for licensure are straight forward and listed below.
Board Certification has additional requirements that provide a higher level of authority. Not only is the diploma more professional looking, you also have the privilege of calling yourself board certified, which means you have been certified with IIFBC’s board. Board certification is required for Certified Instructors of CNS101, CNS102, and CNS103. If you are pursuing board certification, please complete the following requirements:
(Board certification applies to certification programs and not to minister licensing programs)
1. Successfully complete the necessary training courses and achieve a passing grade (85%) on the final exam for each course (CNS101, CNS102, and CNS103).
2. Submit a typed biographical resume providing the following information:
a. Educational history
b. Ministry service
c. Name of the church you attend with address, phone number, years in attendance, and approximate attendance at an average service
d. Estimated hours of counseling practicum you have accumulated
e. Statement as to the fact of having provided at least 100 hours of ministry service such as counseling, preaching/teaching the Bible, missionary service, church administration, or one-on-one personal instruction of God’s Word
3. Submit the names, addresses, and phone numbers of twelve individuals that you evaluated with the MAP/SAP assessments (You may make 12 copies of the assessment forms and scoring sheets from CNS101). For your own personal benefit, you should verify the accuracy of the assessment, their gifts, strengths, needs, influence tendencies, and order of dominance with each individual. Submit only the names, addresses, and phone numbers and not the actual assessments.
4. Submit three letters of recommendation using IIFBC’s recommendation form. One is included in the appendix of the Course #1 (CNS101) manual.
5. Attach a typed cover letter indicating the place and date that you received the classroom training, or when you first enrolled for distance learning. Also include your name as you want it to appear on the certificate, along with address, phone number, and email.
6. Enclose everything in one envelope and mail to: IIFBC, 1029 South Main Street, Lumberton, TX 77657. Expect two to four weeks to receive your board certification certificate.
Some states require a secular license to work in specific service areas or vocations. Although IIFBC does offer licensure and the credentials may be used for vocational purposes, the study programs of IIFBC are not designed to meet the requirement of any particular state where a license is required. IIFBC carries a 501c3 non-profit status as a religious organization.
The state of a license application will be determined within two to four weeks of receiving all requested information. If you are not accepted for licensure, you may opt for another program. The requirements for licensure are straight forward and are listed below.
I understand and acknowledge the following:
1. I have been a born-again Christian for at least seven years.
2. I have at least three years of ministry service from a combination of fulfilling the following roles: Bible teacher, preacher, evangelist, missionary, chaplain, music/worship leader, small group leader/pastor or Christian counselor.
3. I am not living in blatant, unrepentant sin.
4. I am not currently going through a divorce, bankruptcy, nor do I have a drug problem or drinking problem.
5. I maintain a regular time of prayer and Bible reading/study.
6. I know how to lead someone into a born-again experience with the Lord Jesus Christ.
7. I will disclose any information that may adversely affect my approval for application.
8. If requested, I am willing to have a background check conducted.
9. I will hold IIFBC and its Board of Directors harmless, without fault, and without cost or damage in the event of any lawsuit or legal matter.
10. I am a faithful member to a local Bible believing Christian church.
11. I agree to uphold federal law and the laws of the state in which I reside.
12. I agree to take heed to the ministry by maintaining holiness unto the Lord according to scripture and Biblical pattern.
13. I understand that if it is determined that I have falsified information on this application that my license becomes void.
14. Submit a typed resume / essay providing:
a. At what age where you born-again
b. Ministry experience, educational history, and occupational history
c. Your current church and pastor’s name, address, and phone number
15. Submit the name and contact information of three ministers that have known you for at least three years.
I understand that this is a ministry license and that it does not provide licensure for secular counseling, nor does it meet any state law in regard to counseling. I understand that the ministry credential carries the privilege and responsibility of promoting and ministering the gospel. I agree to uphold federal law and the laws of the state in which I reside. I furthermore agree to the ethical standards of International Institute of Faith Based Counseling. I understand that if I do not adhere to the above requirements or if I break fellowship with IIFBC, my license becomes void.